August 29, 2020

Explain 4:1 Multiplexer using an example.

Explain 4:1 Multiplexer using an example.

Application:-Make the 4:1 multiplexer. Write the PLC program for 4:1 multiplexer using ladder diagram language.

Diagram:-



Explanation:-

As shown in the above diagram we can see 4:1 multiplexer. S0 and S1 are the selection input for the multiplexer. So according to selection and input status output will be generated.

We can understand this concept simplified Boolean equation

Y = (S1=1 AND S0=1 AND I3=1) OR (S0=0 AND S1=1 AND I2=1) OR (S1=0AND S0=1 AND I1=1) OR (S0=0 AND S1=0 AND I1=1).


PLC program:-

Write the ladder program for 4:1 multiplexer instruction using ladder diagram language. Here for ladder logic, we can use any supported PLC system like S7-1200, S7-1500 or any other PLC which can support this instruction. In our application, we have used S7-1200 PLC for reference.


Digital Inputs:-

Selection switch 0:-I0.0

Selection switch 1:-I0.1

Input 1:-I1.1

Input 2:-I1.2

Input 3:-I1.3

Input 4:-I1.4

Digital Outputs:-

Output 1:-Q1.0


Network 1:- 4:1 Multiplexer ladder diagram



PLC program Explanation:-

In above network S1and S0 are the selection inputs.

When S1 and S0 are high or 1 and I4 is 1, output Q1.0 will be high.

When S0 is off and S1 is selected and I3 is on, output Q1.0 will be high.

When S1 is off and S0 is selected and I2 is on, output Q1.0 will be high.

When S0 is off and S1 is off and I1 is on, output Q1.0 will be high.

2 comments:

  1. I loved your efforts. i'm reading your blog first time and i would to love visit your blog again to get some valuable information. Keep sharing your efforts with us.
    PLC
    PLC HMI Training in Lahore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pročitajte moje svjedočanstvo o tome kako sam dobio brzi zajam od pouzdane tvrtke. Pozdrav, ja sam gospođica Veronica iz Hrvatske. Bio sam u financijskoj situaciji i trebao sam kupiti kuću. Pokušao sam potražiti zajam od različitih kreditnih tvrtki, privatnih i korporativnih, ali nije išlo, a većina banaka mi je odbila kredit. Ali kako bi Bog htio, upoznali su me s privatnim zajmodavcem koji mi je dao zajam od 90,000 eura i danas imam vlastitu kuću i vlasnik sam tvrtke i trenutno mi je dobro, ako morate ići na tvrtka za osiguranje zajma. bez kolaterala, bez provjere kreditne sposobnosti, samo 3% kamatna stopa i supotpisnik s boljim planovima i rasporedom otplate, kontaktirajte Davidson Albert Loan (davidsonalbertloan@gmail.com). On ne zna da to radim, ali sada sam tako sretna i odlučila sam dati ljudima više informacija o njemu i želim da ga Bog još više blagoslovi. Možete ga kontaktirati putem njegove e-pošte. davidsonalbertloan@gmail.com
    {WhatsApp: +38761545894}

    ReplyDelete